Wednesday 3 September 2014

Wreck it wednesdays


I discovered the 'wreck this journal' on tumblr (like everything else under the sun) about a year ago and from the second I saw it I wanted one. trouble is that i live in Australia, which means my lovely people that either we don't have things or they are impossible to find. So the second I found one I new I had to have it. So I brought my wreck this journal in around march this year, maybe earlier. 
I did not realize exactly how much effort I would end up putting into each page (perfectionist alert) so I cant guarantee that this will be a weekly thing, but hopefully I will update this at least every fortnight. 
so here is a look at the first five pages.


Page one - Crack the spine time
Ok so this is the first page I did and as you can see I left a cup on it like a smart person and it leaked so that is what the yellow stuff is. this page was just done with normal ballpoint and fine tip pens. I used a light and dark blue, a black, purple and a pink. there is a tardis in the top left corner and the writing says ' I am defiantly a mad man in a box' and in the bottom corner it says ' the angels have the tardis'. So this is a doctor who themed page, the quote and 'crack in time' are both from Matt smith (the 11th doctor)
I included the pens I used and the tardis from my pop vinyl collection. 



Page two - Write one word over and over
So the one word I picked for this page is 'Geronimo'. this is again a doctor who themed page and again a quote from the 11th doctor (can you tell I'm a fan?) this page was pretty basic I just wrote it over and over again on the left page in different colours and then using red and black pens I made a copy of his head on the right.
 I included 6 of the colours I used (sharpie) and the red and black pen and my mini pop vinyl of the 11th doctor.


Page three - Place sticky things here
There are a lot of times in this book where the author suggests using food, this page for example. Now I don't know about everyone else but I plan on keeping this thing so I do not want honey or gum ruining it therefore I opted to go for the more friendly version of stickers for this page. I basically got a pad of Disney princess stickers and layered them until the entire page was covered and then added a few rhinestones over the top.
I've included a few of the rhinestones and more of my pop vinyl collection, here I have Ariel, Belle, jasmine, Snow White and  Cinderella. 


Page four - Doodle on the pack of a envelope
Okay this is pretty simple I literally just wrote A Day To Remember lyrics on the two pages and I did actually do this whilst on the phone, or listening to their records. I just used various different pens. 
I've included a day to remembers album 'what separates me from you' and there vinyl record ' for those who have heart'.


Page four - Write carelessly
This page again was quite simple, I put my iPod on shuffle and wrote the first line of I think around 30 songs in pen, and then just wrote random stuff over it.
Included the pens and my typo headphones (not my proper headphones because they are way to big and worn to be pretty) 


So that's it for this week, I will definitely posting next week with another five pages. If you want more often updates feel free to check out my tumblr i post the pages as i do them on there. so yes, I will see you next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting i look forward to checking out your blog :)